Interlude Black Iris
- Concentration: Eau de Parfum
- Olfactive family: Smoky Spicy
- Brand: Amouage
- Top notes: Violet Leaf, Rosemary and Bergamot.
- Middle notes: Orris, Olibanum, Myrhh, Labdanum, Amber and Vanilla.
- Base notes: Leather, Agarwood (Oud), Sandalwood, Patchouli and Cedar.
Interlude Black Iris is the house of Amouage’s latest introspective creation for men. Inspired by a 1926 close-up painting on the Iris Flower by O’Keeffe, the fragrance evokes an air of disorder while maintaining a sense of balance and tranquility through the inventive use of Orris, Frankincense and Myrrh. Oregano and Rosemary notes have been toned down resulting in an opening that feels slightly more sparkling and wet, with the addition of Violet Leaves notes. Additionally, Orris adds an extra layer of buttery smoothness to the heart of the fragrance, complementing the Vanilla. Finally, the overall woodiness comes out faster in the composition.